We already mentioned ONYX Motorbikes at EMN in February 2018 with our “Mopeds are back” article. ONYX Motorbikes is a startup located in San Francisco (California, USA) and has developed the ONYX RCR. A fun-to-ride, nostalgic styled moped with a powerful 72V electric motor for a top speed of +/- 100 km/h. The moped accelerates from 0 to 50 km/h in 4 seconds. You’ll find the full specifications down below this post.
ONYX DRT KIT
The ONYX RCR moped can be ordered with a DRT KIT with off-road tires and extra protection.
ONYX Motorbikes: “This cool new video from Justin Yee of our ONYX family ripping around the Yucca Valley is one of our favorite things on the internet.”
Made in America
At the moment, ONYX Motorbikes has 2 factory production lines in California (San Francisco and LA) and does not depend on parts from Asia like many other manufacturers.
Smooth payments with Klarna
Onyx Motorbikes has a partnership with Klarna, a global payment solutions provider. Monthly financing is available when you choose to open an account with Klarna at the time of checkout. This affordable and highly flexible credit line is issued by WebBank in partnership with Klarna, and it allows you to pay for your purchases over time and can be used anywhere in the Klarna merchant network. It considers your credit score and credit history when determining if you are approved. The moped can be ordered online and is shipped worldwide.
- Max power output: 5400 W @ 956 rpm
- Max speed: 60 mph
- Max horsepower: 7.24 hp @ 956 rpm
- Acceleration 0-30 mph: 4.0 sec.
- Max riding range: 75 mi @ 20 mph
- Max torque: 182 N.M
- Max electric RPM: 15,300 RPM
- Throttle control: ride-by-wire
- Motor: 205 mm hub motor
- Regenerative braking: 10 A max regen
- Drive modes: Eco / Normal / Sport
- Motor controller: 200 A SINUSOIDAL MOSFET sinusoidal mosfet
- Frame: STEEL TUBE CHASSIS Steel tube chassis
- Battery chassis: aluminium + mahogany veneer
- Front suspension: EBR forged aluminium
- Rear suspension: 350 mm adjustable shocks
- Front brake system: hydraulic 220 mm rotor
- Rear brake system: cable 205 mm rotor
- Swingarm: HEAVY-DUTY STEEL heavy-duty steel
- Wheels: 17″ 36 spoke steel
- Tire specs: 2.75 X 17
- Seating: Custom designed form fitting
- Lighting: projector halo headlight + LED tail light
*ONYX reserves the right to change or modify any of the specifications without prior notice.
All pictures copyright by ONYX Motorbikes (website | Facebook)