A few months ago we wrote about the prototype from Blacksmith Electric, a Chennai (India) based start up. Their goal is to ensure people to commute in a smarter, cleaner and in a more sustainable way to make their cities a better place to live for the future generations.
In the previous article Blacksmith Electric told us: “To achieve it’s design goals, we will refine the manufacturing process, emphasized innovation and looking for new design approaches from suppliers.” The production bike is scheduled to roll out in 2020.
Today, we can present you their first teaser images of this design update and specifications from the Blacksmith B2 (more pictures will follow to unveil this new electric motorcycle)
Powered with tremendous torque, impressive power, incredible efficiency and many industry first features
- Motor / Rated Power: Asynchronous Motor / 5 KW
- Max Speed: 120km/Hr
- Battery: High Energy Density NMC battery pack with Intelligent Bluetooth BMS
- Range: 120 km / Single battery – 240 km / Dual battery
- Controller: High Efficiency AC Controller
- Peak torque / Peak power: 96 Nm / 14.5 KW
- Smart Apps: GPS & Artificial Intelligence System
- Charging Time: 4 hours
- Gradeability: 25 Degrees
- Anti Theft: Alarm & Circuit closing system
- Safety: Side Stand Sensor & Occupant Sensor for driving
- Lights: LED with Projector Head Lamps
- Indicators: New Traffic Indicators (Patent Pending)
- Foot rest: Freedom foot rest
- Dimensions (mm): 2200(L) x 800(W) x 1150(H)
- Loading Capacity: 200 Kgs
- Tyres: 3.5 R18 Tubeless (Front & Rear)
- Wheels: Alloy Wheels
- Speedometer: Digital
- Suspension: Front & rear Telescopic
- Ground Clearance: 200 mm
Blacksmith Electric has been working and researching about the electric platform since 2003. In the past 15 years, they have build several prototypes and tested them so that the final product for the customer will be completely safe, comfortable and performant.
Their vehicles have been designed from scratch to be a 100% electric bike and not as an conventional bike retrofitted with an electric power train as it is done by most manufacturers in India.
Blacksmith: “We currently have a 3rd generation prototype vehicle which has clocked almost 7000 Kms on Indian roads and has been a crowd puller in many exhibitions. We are the only company in India to own the patent for the battery exchange (swap) Technology which was filled in 2006 before the Tesla cars were launched. Indian Patent Number – 262461”
More info: website Blacksmith Electric