Furion Motorcycles has developed a new concept – the Furion m1 – a vehicle with at its heart a wankel rotary engine combined with an electric motor. “An original motive combination with the key to an unusual sound, musical fruit of two rotors of the rotary engine.” says designer Marc Evenisse.
Furion Motorcycles is situated in the region of Mancelle (France) and is a collaboration between 2 engineering schools, industrial partners and a team of 56 consultants, situated all in the motorbranche: Adrien Chareyre (4 times super motorcycle world champion), Nicolas Gallet (engineer) Eric Chauvelier (hybridization and mastery of energies), prototyping experts such as Christophe Bihr and the MBMotors team specialized in competition preparation.
Best of both worlds?
The Furion m1 offers an energy-related economic solution to substantially reduce consumption through the 400 kilometers on 16 liters of fuel.
Its hybridization makes it possible to choose the best of the both engines, it benefits from the exceptional electrical efficiency in urban environment with a “zero” emission. The thermal engine combination is declined in 2 modes:
– A “long range” mode which proposes a very accentuated autonomy for the long journeys (+ 500 KM).
– A sport mode, which allows to take full advantage of the dynamic combination of the two engines, with high performance
At this moment Furion Motorcycles has started a crowdfunding campaign to be able to materialize the project, to realize the first prototype and to create a new French brand.
More info about the crowdfunding campaign >
- dual-rotor + electric engine 40 kw
- capacity: 2×327 (654) cc
- torque: 105 nm à 6000 tr/mn + 100 nm total: 205 nm
- compression ratio: 10,1 : 1
- power: 125 hp à 9000 tr/mn + 55 hp total: 180 hp
- longueur: 2 095 mm
- seat height: 810 mm
- ground clearance: 140 mm
- rake angle / rake: 23,5 ° / 101 mm
- wheelbase: 1 43 5 mm
- wet weight: 209 kg
- fuel capacity: 16 liters
- front tyre: 120/70/17
- rear tyre: 190/50/17
- frame: tubular trellis frame, motor carrier.
- fork: inverted 43 mm, adjustable rebound, compression and preload
- rear suspension: monoshock horizontal gas type back-link, adjustable preload and rebound
- front brake: double disc petal 310 mm, 4-piston radial calipers
- rear brake: single disk petal 250 mm, single-piston caliper
- final drive: chain
- clutch: multidisc in oil bath
- transmission: 6-speed